Summer Adventures Camp
Summer Adventures Camp 2022 is sold out.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our 2023 Camp Information list.
Our model and teaching methods are centered around athletic growth and fostering independence. Summer camp programs take place in Colorado’s beautiful Roaring Fork Valley which features some of the best outdoor adventure sports venues in the state! Our participants get the opportunity to try rock climbing, wakeboarding and wake-surfing, horseback riding, and much more! Our residential program is located at Colorado Mountain College- Spring Valley Campus (ADULTS ONLY in 2022) and is designed to help promote independent living while fostering friendships and social skills. Our highly trained staff make individualized lesson plans for your athlete, designed to create a unique experience, and help each participant achieve their goals! All Ascendigo programs are designed for athletes anywhere on the spectrum, ages 7 and up!
Ascendigo’s camp sports are made to engage campers of all activity levels and challenge them in a fun way. Since the pandemic, Ascendigo has restructured our camp programming and schedule to be mindful of social distancing and site capacities. We are working on a fixed camp schedule that allows all campers to participate in all the camp sports rather than sticking to a core sport as we had in the past (please refer to our parent handbook for our activity schedule). Our participants are offered autism-friendly support from our sports specialist/coaches and are encouraged to try all our sports but are not required to participate in every sport if they do not desire or are not physically able to. We offer alternative fun activities in these cases.
- Wakeboarding/Wake surfing. Participants start sitting and advance to standing
- Water Skiing (for our advanced athletes)
- Paddle Boarding on still waters
- Tubing on the back of our motorboats
- Kayaking in Duckies
- Swimming on the swim beach
- Indoor and outdoor rock climbing. We offer beginner to advanced climbing courses
- Horseback riding on the Colorado Scenic trails
- Horse Trotting (for intermediate to advanced riders)
- Horse care such as hair brushing and saddling
- Arts and Crafts fostered with our therapeutic horses
- Biking on mountain trails as well as bike trails. We offer advanced to beginner trails on two-wheel bikes as well as tricycles
2022 CAMP STRUCTURE:
- Camp Dates: June 13th– August 5th
- August 1st – 5th will be Youth/Teen only
- Number of Sessions: 8
- Youth (7-17)- DAY CAMP ONLY (M-F 8:45am-4:15pm)
- Adult (18+) – Day Camp (8:45am-4:15pm) and VERY LIMITED RESIDENTIAL SPACES (Monday Check-in, Friday Check out)
- Weekends ONLY for multi-week residential adults between sessions.
- Schedule: Fixed schedule, resembling 2021- all participants enjoy ALL sports: horseback riding, rock climbing, biking, lake sports, and inflatable kayaking.
- Weekly Cap: 1 week of summer camp per family.
SUMMER CAMP PARENT RESOURCES:
For more information please call (970)-927-3143 or email Ilse Bustamante at email@example.com.