Summer Adventures Camp
Please stay tuned for Summer Camp 2023 Registration opening and updates in February 2023!
Please contact email@example.com to be added to our 2023 Camp Information list.
Ascendigo Adventures offers sports instruction by coaches and professionals who are trained in autism support strategies using evidence-based methods from the Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), developmental, and coaching worlds. All Ascendigo Adventure programs are designed for athletes anywhere on the spectrum, ages 7 and up.
Ascendigo’s flagship program, Summer Adventures Camp takes place in the Roaring Fork Valley which features some of the best outdoor adventure sports venues in Colorado! Campers of all abilities and activity levels are engaged and challenged in fun and exciting ways. They receive autism-friendly support from our expertly trained sports specialist/coaches and are encouraged (but not required) to try all our sports, including rock climbing, horseback riding, mountain biking, lake sports, and more. Campers learn important life skills, make new friends and build confidence as they explore their strengths and abilities in a safe, supportive environment. Parents (and campers) are pleasantly surprised at what the individuals can achieve which is usually beyond expectations.
Overnight campers stay at Colorado Mountain College-Spring Valley Campus. Residential camp is designed to help promote independent living while fostering social skills. Our highly trained staff make individualized lesson plans for each camper designed to create a unique experience and help each participant achieve their goals.
2022 CAMP STRUCTURE:
- Camp Dates: June 13th– August 5th
- August 1st – 5th will be Youth/Teen only
- Number of Sessions: 8
- Youth (7-17)- DAY CAMP ONLY (M-F 8:45am-4:15pm)
- Adult (18+) – Day Camp (8:45am-4:15pm) and VERY LIMITED RESIDENTIAL SPACES (Monday Check-in, Friday Check out)
- Weekends ONLY for multi-week residential adults between sessions.
- Schedule: Fixed schedule, resembling 2021- all participants enjoy ALL sports: horseback riding, rock climbing, biking, lake sports, and inflatable kayaking.
- Weekly Cap: 1 week of summer camp per family.