Welcome to Destination Ascendigo
Ascendigo is a place for those seeking career development in the autism/human services field and for those seeking roles that support this important work. It is where Ascendigoers feel supported, heard, and valued so we can thrive and model this culture for those we serve.
What’s an ‘Ascendigoer’?
Ascendigoers are compassionate individuals dedicated to elevating the spectrum, empowering people, inspiring lives and shattering expectations. They are professionals with a positive, caring attitude and high expectations for those we serve, as well as each other. They enjoy working as part of a team and are motivated by the meaning and purpose in the work we do and the lives we touch. Ascendigoers welcome the challenge that accompanies the reward of building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
Ascendigoers are a rare breed and the work is challenging. As such, Ascendigo makes the following promise to our employees:
The Ascendigo Promise
- Ascendigo commits to employment that provides meaning and purpose, and a commitment to a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
- Ascendigo commits to performance by hiring skilled individuals, providing them with exceptional training, establishing clear goals and objectives, and delivering two-way accountability.
- Ascendigo commits to 360° compensation by helping Ascendigoers find a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, along with assistance to provide housing stability.
How do we deliver on the Ascendigo Promise?
- Culture – Providing the phenomenal culture mentioned above doesn’t cost Ascendigo much, but we all work hard every day maintaining it. Our culture values the inherent worth in each one of us. It insists on integrity, dignity, and respect. It recognizes that none of us are perfect, but we’ll do what we say we will, and we’ll fix it when we don’t. We back expectations with agreements, and we have a ton of fun together.
- Pay – We routinely update our wage/salary ranges based on comparable jobs in our industry, employment competitors in our area, and living wage standards. We are proud of our commitment to keep our wages competitive and provide our employees with a living wage.
- Housing – We offer a comprehensive housing assistance program that includes rental housing opportunities in more than four locations and assistance with housing ownership. Monthly rent amounts are kept within affordable housing standards.
- Paid Time Off – We recognize that recharging is crucial for Ascendigoers to thrive. For hourly employees we offer 15 days (3 weeks), then increases to 20 days (4 weeks) after 3 years. For salaried/exempt employees we offer unlimited days off with appropriate approvals. For all – 11 paid holidays, 2 days for bereavement, 48 hours of sick leave plus COVID Sick Leave. BTW, there is some crazy fun stuff to do all year long on those days off!
- Training – Because we all have so much to learn, we train all new employees on the Ascendigo Way and Ascendigo pays for required trainings, as well as professional development along the way.
- Healthcare – When recharging isn’t enough to maintain well-being, we cover 65% of employee health insurance, 50% of dental and vision insurance, and 100% of Ascendigo’s short- and long-term disability and life insurance premiums.
- Mental/emotional/financial/legal wellbeing – Exceeding what’s typical, we offer 8 free therapeutic/financial/legal sessions per year for you – or your family members – through an Employee Assistance Plan.
- Retirement – Ascendigo matches 401k contributions, currently up to 4%. That’s “free money” to help you reach your goals beyond Ascendigo.
- Monthly cellphone stipend – Full-time employees get a monthly $25 stipend; part-time employees receive $15.
*PLEASE NOTE: Three letters of recommendation will be required as apart of the on-boarding documentation, prior to the start date of employment.