Ascendigo Autism Services is committed to helping our clients reach their full potential of living a life with dignity, purpose and respect. Therefore, we offer supported employment services to individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. As a registered service provider through the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), we help individuals with disabilities obtain competitive integrated employment through a comprehensive program.
Many businesses benefit from the unique talents and skills that individuals on the autism spectrum, and others with developmental disabilities bring to the workplace. Individuals have jobs that range from cleaning and setting tables at local restaurants to computer programming at a digital marketing firm.
Ascendigo’s employment program can help ensure the success of an employee and maximize their productivity without costing the employer valuable resources, time or money.
- Match the unique talents, interests, and abilities of the individual with disabilities with employment opportunities that fulfill the needs of local businesses.
- Assist in the employment search, initial training, and on-site job coaching for each candidate.
- Counsel individuals or their families to qualify for employment service funding through DVR (a division of the Department of Labor and Employment), which can pay for services at no cost to the individual. DVR will also pay for trade school and individualized education plans. Other funding options include Medicaid and private pay.
- Support employers in identifying existing disability-friendly jobs within the company.
- Identify and implement reasonable accommodations to help ensure the employee’s long-term success.
- Client training and job coach during the initial employment stage. Participating businesses are reimbursed 100% of the employee’s wages the first month of employment or a large portion of their first three months wages, depending on the level of support they receive.
- Maintain an on-going relationship with employers after the client’s initial training phase, checking in regularly and being available to contact throughout the duration of their employment to maintain and improve the employee’s work skills and personal habits.
Element Hotel in Willits
Ulta in Glenwood Springs
City of Glenwood Springs
City of Carbondale
City of Rifle
USPS Glenwood Springs
Coca Cola Glenwood Springs
Evergreen Zero Waste
Whole Foods Market
Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
Big Horn Toyota Glenwood Springs
- River Center in New Castle
- Waldorf School
- Coal Basin
- Bonfire Coffee
- Food Distribution through Whole Foods Market
- Lift UP in Carbondale