How is Ascendigo handling COVID?
Ascendigo staff is taking this situation very seriously. We are actively implementing a number of steps to keep all staff and clients as healthy as possible:
Employees screen for COVID Symptoms daily and stay home if they are sick
Ascendigo has established an Incident Command and communication system for staff to report symptoms
Employees are trained in the preventative protocol as well as response protocol
- Updates and reminders are given at weekly staff meetings
- Employees with symptoms do not come into work and follow Public Health Protocol
- Employees with high-risk exposure do not come into work and follow Public Health Protocol
- Frequent and thorough hand washing and sanitizing
- Frequent and thorough cleaning and disinfecting of high use surfaces
- Use of surgical or effective cloth masks while working
- Maintaining distance from each other and from clients/campers when applicable
- Use of Universal Precaution Practices when the need to assist a client is present
- Ventilation and enhancement of outside scheduled activities
- Special sanitation protocol for each Ascendigo Activity (including transporting clients/campers)
- Special prevention protocol for each Ascendigo Program
- Day clients/campers with symptoms are not permitted to join until cleared by their doctor
- Residential clients with symptoms are isolated and treated according to our COVID Response Protocol
- Additional support is given to staff who request more prevention and/or are at high risk (eye protection, gloves, face shields, special accommodations)
In addition, the health of each client in our care is being monitored regularly. Since self-reporting on health conditions can be challenging with people on the autism spectrum, we are taking additional steps to check their health status including periodic temperature taking. Our staff is also assessing the risk of community exposure at each community activity we engage in. And finally, cleaning procedures at every Ascendigo location has been increased with hard surfaces being sanitized with a bleach solution on a regular basis.
All Ascendigo employees are very focused on mitigating the spread of any viruses or disease pathogens among our clients and staff. We are proud of the strong culture that already exists which promotes employee health and wellness. Our new wellness program, Ascend to Better Health, will continue to promote best practices such as: 1) encouraging healthy diets, 2) getting adequate sleep, and 3) boosting natural immunity through good nutrition and supplements like Vitamin C and Zinc. We will require employees who feel ill to stay home, ensure adequate supplies of soap and hand sanitizer are readily available in all workplaces and encourage daily check-ins with co-workers and clients to inquire about their health.
Due to multiple generous donors, our employees are now able to wear masks around our Life Enrichment clients to keep our clients extra protected when social distancing is not possible
Our Covid-19 task force meets weekly to review practices and work to keep everyone safe as protocols change and information gets updated
All Life Enrichment Staff meet weekly with a Covid-19 task force representative to review protocol and learn about weekly updates
Ascendigo will remain vigilant and take whatever steps are necessary to protect the health of our clients and staff. All measures will be taken in compliance with HIPAA. We will continue to closely monitor any occurrences of COVID-19.