Ascendigo Coronavirus Update
The Ascendigo leadership team continues to carefully monitor the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). As with any public health concern, we are actively tracking a number of public health authorities for information and recommendations. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHA) is the central resource for information on COVID-19 in Colorado. You can access up to date information at: https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus.
In addition to closely monitoring CDPHA, we are following information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Camp Association (ACA), as well our local public health authorities. In consultation with local health authorities, Ascendigo’s Leadership Team has made the following decisions related to our program services:
- It is with a heavy heart that we inform you of our decision to cancel the 2020 season of Ascendigo Summer Adventures Camp. We understand this decision impacts you and your family significantly. Please click here for refund options and more information.
- For questions or more information please contact Mathew McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Conlan McGough at email@example.com
- Beginning Friday, March 13th, all in-person outreach services will be suspended until further notice
- Telehealth services may be provided on a case by case basis based on clinical recommendations and availability
- All program services will proceed as scheduled, with modified activities in effect to minimize risk of exposure
Ascendigo staff is taking this situation very seriously. We are actively implementing a number of steps to keep all staff and clients as healthy as possible:
- Prevention: The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. All Ascendigo employees are being advised to:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Stay home if you are sick (new sick leave policies are under development)
- Frequent and thorough hand washing
- Use of alcohol-based hand-sanitizer
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
In addition, the health of each client in our care is being monitored regularly. Since self-reporting on health conditions can be challenging with people on the autism spectrum, we are taking additional steps to check their health status including periodic temperature taking. Our staff is also assessing the risk of community exposure at each community activity we engage in. And finally, cleaning procedures at every Ascendigo location has been increased with hard surfaces being sanitized with a bleach solution on a regular basis.
All Ascendigo employees are very focused on mitigating the spread of any viruses or disease pathogens among our clients and staff. We are proud of the strong culture that already exists which promotes employee health and wellness. Our new wellness program, Ascend to Better Health, will continue to promote best practices such as: 1) encouraging healthy diets, 2) getting adequate sleep and 3) boosting natural immunity through good nutrition and supplements like Vitamin C and Zinc. We will require employees who feel ill to stay home, ensure adequate supplies of soap and hand sanitizer are readily available in all work places, and encourage daily check-ins with co-workers and clients to inquire about their health.
Due to multiple generous donors, our employees are now able to wear masks around our Life Enrichment clients to keep our clients extra protected when social distancing is not possible
Our Covid-19 task force meets weekly to review practices and work to keep everyone safe as protocols change and information gets updated
All Life Enrichment Staff meet weekly with a Covid-19 task force representative to review protocol and learn about weekly updates
Ascendigo will remain vigilant and take whatever steps are necessary to protect the health of our clients and staff. All measures will be taken in compliance with HIPAA. We will continue to closely monitor any occurrences of COVID-19.